Wednesday 25 August 2010

When All You Are is Not Enough

The Fringe is the biggest family I have ever been a part of. It's that unity that unites everyone.
Times where you feel sad you have friends to talk to. Times when you feel happy you have friends to share that joy with. It does take over your life, it does get under your skin.
When I discovered the Fringe many years ago I had no idea that it would become so important to me. This year my biggest regret is not being here week one. Although at the same time I almost decided this year not to do this at all. I nearly stepped away from the Fringe this year. Outside influences and the needs of others almost took me away from all this.But my addiction brought me back. The drug of choice for me is photographs. I need to take photographs. I need to capture moments. They are all for me, and never for anyone else. And as I always add if other people like my work then that's a bonus. Even when I shoot portraits out of Fringe season I'm never shooting for the person in front of my camera I'm only every shooting for me. I don't work as a photographer, I play at being a photographer. The child inside me likes silly and unusual compositions. The photographer I am plays with his subject matter to achieve only what I want to see. Maybe one day I will have to conform to playing by the rules, but that will be the day I will probably hang up my camera for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment