Monday 30 August 2010

Danger on The High Street

New and old show vied for a position on the High Street. With archery and knife throwing; not juggling, this time taking the position of most dangerous of show.
Yes we had chainsaws of plenty, knives, axes, whips and more to terrify the unwary.
But the archery was the first I saw on the street. With Thomas and Jenna doing their contortion and juggling routine ending with the skill of Jenna firing a bow with her feet at a target. Now that was certainly different.
Then with the whip cracking, wise cracking knife throwing antics of dam it I didn‘t get their name, my last street show I saw of the Fringe.
Danger yes. J-P Koala and his axe is danger. Space Cowboy and his sword swallowing is danger. But I did discuss this topic with one performer and I’d like to say she has the show I consider the most dangerous on the High street. It’s Ell Bell and her escape routine. Nothing much to that you might say, except standing on top of a six foot ladder wrapped in a straight jacket where one slip could be very battered Ella. She’ll hate me for writing this. Or of course she’ll get a bigger crowd because what everyone really wants on the street is danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment